Quick Links

Ell-Saline USD 307

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

KSHAA Rule 7 - Physical Examination Parental Consent

Rule 7 PHYSICAL EXAMINATION PARENTAL CONSENT

Section l: General Regulations (apply to grades 7-12)

Art. 1: No student is eligible to represent any school in interschool athletics, spirit or spirit competition groups until there is on file with the superintendent or principal, a statement certifying that the student has passed an adequate physical examination and is physically fit to participate in interschool athletics, spirit or spirit competition groups. The statement must be signed by any of the following licensed health care providers: (i) a physician; (ii) a chiropractor; (iii) a physician assistant (PA) who has been authorized to perform this examination by a Kansas licensed supervising physician; or (iv) an advance practice registered nurse (APRN) who has been authorized to perform this examination by a Kansas licensed supervising physician. This statement shall also be signed by a parent or legal guardian, stating the student has permission to participate.

NOTE: The Kansas Legislature in the 2011 Session, enacted the following law:

“A school athlete may not participate in any sport competition or practice session unless such athlete and the athlete’s parent or guardian have signed, and returned to the school, a concussion and head injury information release form. A release form shall be signed and returned each school year that a student athlete participates in sport competitions or practice sessions.”

Art. 2: Forms to be signed by the healthcare providers listed in Article 1 and parents shall be furnished by the Association. In case a student has neither a parent nor legal guardian, the signature of the principal or superintendent shall be required. Eighteen-year-old independent students may sign their own forms.

Art. 3: Annually, the principal or superintendent shall submit to the KSHSAA an Activity Eligibility Certificate List, provided by the Association, which contains the name, date of birth, verification of a physical examination and verification of signed parental consent for each student who intends to participate in interscholastic athletic, spirit or spirit competition groups.

Art. 4: Physical examination forms approved by the Executive Board are provided by the Association.

Art. 5: The Physical Examination shall not be taken earlier than May 1 preceding the school year for which it is applicable.

Art. 6: No middle/junior or senior high school student is eligible to represent his/her school in an interscholastic athletic event until a Physical Examination Form is completed and filed with the school prior to the first try-out or practice in which the student participates.

Art. 7: A physical examination for spirit or spirit competition group “try-outs” is not required. The Physical Examination Form shall be completed and filed with the school prior to the first practice (after tryouts) in which the student participates.

Section 2: Senior High Regulations (none)

Section 3: Middle/Junior High School Regulations (none)