Cardinal Foundation 2010 Grants Awarded
by Michelle Griffin
December 07, 2010
Each year the Cardinal Foundation asks teachers to submit grant applications. The grants that they write are for the purchase of teaching supplies to help improve learning opportunities for our children. In most cases, the items requested by the teachers are items they would not get if it weren’t for the grants because there simply isn’t room in the districts budget. This year the Cardinal Foundation has reviewed the grant applications and has approved nearly $4000 in grants. This year’s recipients and a summary of their proposal are listed below.
- Chris Carazo and Susan Nelson - $300 – Purchase a solar cooker and various oven equipment items to be used in a MS science unit on alternative energy education.
- Amber Fouard and Shelly Drees - $650.00 – Purchase math Versatiles to help struggling students improve their math skills.
- Ashley Hanson - $400 – Purchase an interactive keyboarding software which will be used in the Keyboarding class.
- Kevin Patrick - $750 – Purchase 2 robotics kits to learn to program and accomplish tasks to be used in all HS science classes as well as Science Olympiad.
- Andrea Pickering and Susie Omli - $200 – For the use of a Starlab to aid in the 5th grades study of constellations.
- Krista Russell - $200 – Purchase puzzles to help students learn about the human body through activities during physical education.
- Stephanie Svaty and Dawn Peterson - $770 – Purchase daily math practice centers classroom kits that will help students with key math skills.
- Lee Weis - $425 – Purchase materials needed to start a unit for students to learn how raw materials are taken and turned into a processed product.
Thank you to all the teachers that submitted grant applications. Thank you to these teachers who have been awarded grants. And thank you to all the wonderful teachers at Ell-Saline. Thank you for the fantastic work you do every day preparing and nurturing our children. Thank you also to all the generous donors to the Cardinal Foundation for Educational Excellence. It is because of your support that we are able to make a difference in the education of our children. Thank you!