2012 Cardinal Foundation Grants Announced
May 09, 2012
Because of the generous gifts of our donors over our history, we are able to give grants back to the classrooms and teacher for the continued improvement of instruction in our school. The Cardinal Foundation Board met recently and approved the following grants in the amount of $2,847.30 for Spring 2012:
- Kim Curtis & Kayla Herman: Purchase 10 copies of both War Horse and Cracker! The Best Dog in Vietnam for use by high-ability 6th grade students to aid in improving their critical thinking and writing skills.
- Glenda Minneman & Robyn Parker: Purchase 5 I-Pod Touch players for use by students in 6th and 3rd grade classrooms. The I-Pods will allow students intervention, enrichment and practice time in an engaging manner.
- Andrea Pickering & Susie Omli: Rental of a Starlab for 5th grade use in their study of the constellations.
- Amber Fouard & Mary Ellen Muninger: Purchase of supplies/materials for the Outdoor Learning Center to expand the instructional area and allow for hands-on learning experiences beyond the classroom walls.
- John Johnson: Registration to the AAA/Driver Improvement Program and purchase of DVD’s to aid in providing the latest defensive driving techniques to driver ed students.
If you would like to become a donor to the Cardinal Foundation, or find out more information, contact the District Office.